If you have never used a scalp massage brush on your scalp, you are missing out on a good thing.
Scalp massages have been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine as an effective way to relieve stress and mental fatigue. They are common when applying natural oils to hair and when shampooing and deep conditioning.
A scalp massage brush is a small, plastic device made with large flexible silicon bristles. These flexible bristles are designed to do the work of manual massages they gently grip the scalps surface and provide a relaxing massage experience in addition to other benefits.
There are a lot of nerve endings on your scalp. When you use a scalp massage brush, you stimulate the nerves and capillaries. By doing this, you soothe muscle stress around the head and in addition:
- Provides a calming, relaxing and therapeutic effect on your senses, especially when combined with aromatherapy products that stimulate the senses.
- Combining a scalp massage brush with your hair treatments can help your products work even better.
- Aids in even product distribution all over your scalp. It also helps distribute the scalp’s natural oils throughout your hair promoting soft and shiny hair.
- Helps to remove product build-up and residue effectively.
- Exfoliates the scalp and removes any dead skin cells that may be causing clogged pores, dandruff, itchiness and/or psoriasis on your scalp.
- Stimulates your follicles and increases blood flow to your scalp thus fostering an environment for healthy hair growth.